5 Fast Facts: 2016 Toyota Avalon
Toyota has freshened its 2016 Avalon large sedan by tweaking front fascia on the Touring trim level. A new XLE Plus trim has been added and the advanced Safety Sense-P driver assistance systems are available. Also new to the lineup is an Avalon Hybrid variant that is estimated by the EPA to average 40 mpg in combined city/highway driving.
1) New front grille and turn signals accent exterior changes. Avalon seats five in a spacious cabin and features a 16 cu.ft. trunk.
2) Among five trim levels (XLE, XLE Plus, XLE Premium, XLE Touring and Limited), Touring gets its own sporty look with distinctive grille; LED headlights; daytime running lights; sport-tuned suspension and 18-in. dark gray painted alloy wheels. XLE and XLE Plus trims come equipped with the Entune Audio Plus system with 7-in. screen and navigation GPS link and XLE Premium features the top-line Entune Premium audio system with wireless charging.
3) Avalon is offered in a range of exterior colors including: Ooh La La Rouge Mica, Sizzling Crimson Mica and Parisian Night Pearl. Different trims offer three interior color treatments: almond; light gray with gray accent stitching; and black for 2016.
4) A standard 3.5-liter, V6 produces 268 horsepower and 248 lb.-ft. of torque partnered with a 6-speed automatic. Avalon is EPA-rated at 24 mpg in combined city/highway driving. A new hybrid variant features a 2.5-liter Atkinson cycle 4-cylinder engine and high-torque electric motor—and 40 mpg fuel efficiency.
5) Toyota’s Star Safety System with stability and traction control is standard and optional advanced driver assistance systems include: blind spot monitor and rear cross traffic alert; radar cruise and a collision mitigation system with pedestrian detection.