5 Fast Facts: 2016 Subaru Forester
Subaru has added more advanced driver-assistance technology and infotainment features to its 2016 Forester compact crossover SUV. The best-selling Subaru model features standard all-wheel drive and was fully redesigned for the 2014 model year.
If you are interested in a compact SUV, here are five fast facts about the 2016 Subaru Forester:
1) The Forester offers two 4-cylinder Boxer engines. The standard 2.5-liter engine generates 170 horsepower and 173 lb.-ft. of torque matched with a 6-speed manual or continuously variable transmission (CVT). The Forester’s 2.0XT variant is powered by a turbocharged 2.0-liter engine that produces 250 horsepower and 258 lb.-ft. of torque when partnered with the CVT. The base-level Forester with CVT achieves an EPA-rated 27 mpg in combined city/highway driving.
2) The 2016 Forester comes in four trim levels: base, Premium, Limited, and Touring with 2.0XT turbocharged variants. Standard equipment for all includes Bluetooth connectivity, audio streaming, rearview camera, and basic infotainment and safety systems.
3) All 2016 Subaru Foresters, which have 8.7 inches of ground clearance, feature black side cladding, body-color door handles, and are equipped with an aluminum hood. When split rear seats are folded down, the SUV provides 74.7 cu. ft. of cargo space.
4) The base 2016 Forester 2.5i gets a new 6.2-in. touch-screen audio system that includes satellite radio. Other trims are equipped with a 7-in. touch-screen display and Subaru’s Safety and Security package. Foresters also feature the Starlink infotainment system that can offer live traffic alerts with voice commands.
5) Safety is a focus with new Star Safety System connected emergency services and Subaru’s EyeSight that features adaptive cruise control, automatic pre-collision braking, and lane-departure alert. The Subaru Forester earns the highest-possible crash-test ratings from the government and receives a “Top Safety Pick+” designation from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS).