5 Fast Facts: 2016 Ram 2500
Here are five things to consider about the Ram 2500HD if you’re shopping for a heavy-duty pickup:
1) The 2016 Ram 2500 offers an optional 4x4 Off-road package, which includes large front tow hooks, larger fender flares in Black or body color, Bilstein monotube shock absorbers, and improved suspension coupled with all-terrain tires. To prevent underbody strike damage, the Ram 2500 4x4 Off-road package includes a transfer case skid plate to address the lowest mid-point of the truck. The package includes standard hill-descent control, which allows drivers to control speed down steep, rugged grades with the buttons on the column shifter, without the need for throttle or brake pedals.
2) Standard on the Ram 2500, the 5.7-liter Hemi V-8 engine features variable valve timing and generates 383 horsepower and 400 lb.-ft. of torque.
3) The available 6.4-liter Hemi V-8 engine features Fuel Saver Technology, which shuts down 4 cylinders when cruising or on downhills to optimize efficiency, and 2 spark plugs per cylinder to increase peak power and torque, reducing exhaust emissions, according to Ram. This engine makes 410 horsepower and 429 lb.-ft. of torque, and payload maxes out at 3,990 lbs.
4) The available 6.7-liter Cummins turbo-diesel I-6 engine generates 370 horsepower and up to 800 lb.-ft. of torque. Standard transmission for all Ram 2500 Heavy Duty engines is a 6-speed automatic.
5) The available RamBox cargo management system is a lit, secure, durable, and drainable storage system incorporated into the side rails of the truck bed, and can lock and unlock at the push of a button. This system includes a cargo bed extender/divider, bed rails, and lighting.