5 Fast Facts: 2016 Nissan Altima
Nissan’s midsize sedan features a complete redesign for the 2016 model year, including the brand’s new “Energetic Flow” design language that also characterizes other Nissan models. The new Altima SR trim level offers an affordable sporty alternative with enhanced handling, unique exterior and interior accents, while the expanded Altima Safety Shield Technologies include segment-exclusive predictive forward-collision warning, forward emergency braking, intelligent cruise control, and rear cross-traffic alert.
Here are more facts about the 2016 Nissan Altima:
1) The front and rear sections of the 2016 Altima feature totally new designs and sheet metal. The front includes a new lowered muscular front fascia with distinctive "V-motion" grille and new bumper. Also new are the car’s hood and fenders, with new tailored character lines. The headlights are redesigned, with available signature LED boomerang headlights, fog lights, and daytime running lights.
2) The rear fascia and bumper add more dramatic character, according to Nissan. Lower and wider 4-piece taillights feature a boomerang shape. The trunk lid is also new, with an integrated spoiler added for the sporty Altima SR.
3) The 2016 Altima is available in nine colors: Deep Blue Pearl, Java Metallic, Brilliant Silver, Gun Metallic, Super Black, Cayenne Red, Pearl White, Glacier White, and Storm Blue.
4) The Altima’s new interior center stack and console offer easier use. Altima 2.5 S, 2.5 SR, 2.5 SV, 2.5 SL, and 3.5 SR trims feature a standard 5-in. color audio display. Standard on Altima 3.5 SL and optional on 2.5 SV and 2.5SL is NissanConnect with Navigation and Mobile Apps. Every 2016 Altima also offers an Advanced Drive-Assist Display.
5) The car’s interior also features revised soft-touch materials; new center console with full-size cupholders and new trim finishers; standard Zero Gravity front seats; standard woven fabric seating with 6-way adjustable driver's seat and 4-way adjustable front passenger seat; 60/40 split-folding rear bench seat with armrest; and black interior trim with chrome-finish accents.