5 Fast Facts: 2016 Mercedes-Benz E-Class
By Joseph Dobrian, June 02, 2016
The maker’s iconic full-size sedan, the Mercedes-Benz E-Class offers a full menu of safety features as well as various options regarding power and fuel efficiency. Agility Control adjusts the damping in real-time response to the road surface. Advanced Stereo cameras and radar sensors enhance safety and reduce driving stress. The Command system places available navigation, audio and countless other features at the fingertips of the driver.
- For 2016, Mercedes-Benz has dropped the E400 hybrid from the E-Class lineup, as well as the E63 AMG, though the E63 AMG S remains. The E-Class comes in several body styles: Sedan, Coupe, Cabriolet and Wagon.
- All E-Class models come with a 7-speed automatic transmission. E350 models feature a standard 302-hp, 3.5-liter V-6 engine. The E400 employs a turbocharged 330-hp 3.0-liter V-6. 4MATIC AWD is available on the E350 and E400. The AMG E63 S features a 585-hp, 5.5-liter twin-turbocharged V-8 engine. The E250 BlueTEC makes 42 mpg on the highway with a 195-hp 2.1-liter 4-cylinder turbodiesel engine; it’s also available with 4MATIC AWD.
- On the AMG E63 S, standard equipment includes a navigation system, enhanced voice control, rearview camera system, Active Multicontour Driver seat, heated and active ventilated front seats, Adaptive Highbeam Assist, bi-xenon headlights with Active Curve Illumination, additional corner-illuminating lamps, an electronic trunk closer and Keyless Go.
- Standard equipment across the E-Class model line includes power front seats (with three-position memory), Smart Key entry, dual-zone climate control, cruise control, an integrated garage-door opener, rain-sensing intermittent wipers and ambient lighting. The COMAND screen- and controller-based system is also included.
- All E-Class models include Attention Assist. Options include Night View Assist Plus, Distronic Plus, Blind Spot Assist and Lane Keeping Assist. Stand-alone options include a rear side airbag, Parktronic parking guidance, split folding rear seats, a heated steering wheel, a 115-volt power outlet and a rear-seat entertainment system.