5 Fast Facts: 2016 Mazda CX-5
The 2016 Mazda CX-5 SUV is available in three trim levels—Sport, Touring, and Grand Touring—in front-wheel (FWD) or all-wheel drive (AWD). The exterior features an updated grille and other new design elements, and the interior ornamentation and materials have been upgraded as to look and functionality, based on Mazda’s unique Human-Machine Interface (HMI). Enhancements include updates to the front and rear seats and suspension system, as well as to sound insulation performance throughout the body. Mazda’s AWD system also receives an upgrade.
Here are some more useful facts about the 2016 Mazda CX-5:
1) The entry-level Mazda CX-5 Sport with manual transmission comes equipped with the SkyActiv-G 2.0-liter gasoline engine (FWD only), producing 155 horsepower and 150 lb.-ft. of torque. Newly standard is an electronic parking brake and an upgraded center console, dash, and armrest design. The Sport trim is the only one that offers a manual transmission.
2) The 6-speed automatic transmission adds a 2.5-liter engine, producing 184 horsepower and 185 lb.-ft. The Sport offers an optional Rear Camera package that includes a rearview camera, 7-in. full-color touch-screen display with multi-function commander control, Mazda Connect Infotainment System, and HD Radio.
3) The CX-5 Touring offers many other options, including the Touring Technology package, which can only be ordered when combined with the Bose/Moonroof package. It adds navigation, Smart Brake Support, LED headlights with auto leveling, pivoting adaptive front-lighting system, LED fog lights, LED signature daytime running lights, LED combination taillights, automatic on/off headlights, rain-sensing windshield wipers, and an auto-dimming mirror with Homelink.
4) The Grand Touring trim includes leather seating surfaces, new instrument panel, and 7-in. full-color touch-screen display with multi-function commander control.
5) A new i-ActivSense package is available, and includes many high-tech safety features, such as adaptive cruise control with Close Proximity Warning, Smart Brake Support with collision warning, lane-departure warning, and high-beam control.