5 Fast Facts: 2016 Mazda CX-3
The 2016 Mazda CX-3 subcompact crossover SUV is the fifth model introduced to the U.S. auto market with Mazda’s “Kodo” (Soul of Motion) design and showcasing the full range of the automaker’s signature SkyActiv technology. It’s shorter and lower than the Mazda CX-5 and features available predictive i-Activ all-wheel drive; a 146-horsepower, 2.0-liter SkyActiv-G engine; and available i-ActivSense safety features.
Here are some more facts about the 2016 Mazda CX-3:
1) The CX-3’s rear seats are set slightly inboard to ease conversation between front and rear passengers. Interiors feature red seat stitching and soft touch materials. Other distinctive design features include a long hood, short overhangs, large wheels, and a slim cabin, all calculated to create a sense of motion even when the vehicle is at rest.
2) Interior choices include one-, two- or three-tone premium cloth, leatherette, or leather seating surfaces. The driver-oriented cockpit features available stitching on the gauge hood. Red accenting is noticeable throughout the interior.
3) The CX-3 crossover’s front grille stacks seven fins with available silver-painted front edges to create an expression of horizontal-flowing energy, Mazda says. The signature wing grille surround forms the starting point for a flowing exterior design. Headlights create a narrow, sharp design and an integrated available LED illumination line that connects seamlessly with the lighting signature that surrounds the low beams.
4) Three trims are available: CX-3 Sport, Touring, and Grand Touring. Options on the Touring trim include upgraded seats and sound, power glass moonroof, SiriusXM satellite radio, HD Radio, heated seats, and a cargo cover. Grand Touring trim adds larger wheels, standard moonroof, leather/Lux Suede seats, LED headlights, adaptive front lighting, LED fog lights, LED daytime running lamps, navigation system, Bose premium audio system with 7 speakers, SiriusXM/HD Radio, automatic climate control, Active Driving Display, paddle shifters, driver and front passenger seat heaters, and a rear cargo cover.
5) Options on the CX-3 SUV include the GT i-ActivSense package, which includes Mazda Radar Cruise Control (MRCC), Smart City Brake Support, Smart Brake Support, lane-departure warning, high-beam control, automatic headlights, and rain-sensing wipers.