5 Fast Facts: 2016 Mazda 6
Mazda’s flagship sedan, the Mazda 6, is available in three trim levels—Sport, Touring, and Grand Touring—and features a SkyActiv-G 2.5-liter gasoline engine. This year’s model includes changes to the shape of the instrument panel and floor console, giving the interior a fresh new look. It combines a driver-oriented cockpit design with a roomy front seat passenger environment. Mazda has paid special attention to minimizing gaps between parts and achieving an overall unified appearance.
Here are some more facts about the 2016 Mazda 6:
1) The Sport trim features standard manual transmission and a SkyActiv-G 2.5-liter gasoline engine, producing 184 horsepower and 185 lb.-ft. of torque. A 6-speed automatic transmission is optional; with it comes the Mazda Connect infotainment system with larger 7-in. full-color touch-screen display, SkyActiv-Drive sport mode, multi-function commander control, rearview camera, HD Radio, and sport mode button.
2) The Touring trim is also offered in manual or automatic transmission. Options on the Touring trim include the Moonroof/Bose/Satellite Radio package (11-speaker Bose Centerpoint surround-sound system with AudioPilot, power sliding glass moonroof, and SiriusXM satellite radio).
3) To that package can be added the Technology package, which adds LED auto on/off headlights with auto leveling, LED daytime running lights, adaptive front-lighting system, rain-sensing wipers, auto-dimming interior mirror with Homelink, auto-dimming driver’s side mirror, heated side mirrors, heated front seats, and Smart City Brake Support.
4) The Grand Touring trim adds Parchment leather upholstery, new instrument panel, 7-in. full-color touch-screen display, active driving display, LED lights, LED lighting signature grille, LED fog lights, Mazda Connect infotainment system, and a sport mode button. All Grand Touring versions are equipped with an automatic transmission.
5) The available Grand Touring Technology package adds adaptive cruise control, Smart Brake Support, i-Eloop regenerative engine braking, lane-departure warning system, high-beam control, and active grille shutters.