5 Fast Facts: 2016 Mazda 3
For 2016, the Mazda 3 is loaded with high-tech features and offers many option packages. It’s offered in three trim levels—Sport, Touring, and Grand Touring, further broken down into “s” or “i" designations—in six standard and two premium colors. Two engines are available.
Here are some more facts about the 2016 Mazda 3:
1) The Mazda 3i Sport comes standard with 16-in. steel wheels with covers, Mazda Connect, a 6-speaker audio system, Bluetooth, cruise control, rearview camera, trip computer, push-button starter, remote keyless entry, and map lights.
2) The Mazda 3i Touring adds halogen fog lights, blind-spot monitoring and rear cross-traffic alert, 16-in. aluminum alloy wheels, heated body-color exterior door mirrors with integrated turn signals, bright beltline trim, rear folding center armrest with cupholders, keyless entry, leather-wrapped hand brake handle, moonroof, automatic headlights, rain-sensing wipers, leather-wrapped shift knob and 3-spoke steering wheel with contrast stitching, and a rear spoiler on the Mazda 3 sedan.
3) The Mazda 3i Grand Touring adds a 6-way power-adjustable driver’s seat with manual lumbar adjustment, heated front seats with leatherette seating surfaces and door panels, dual-zone climate control, 9-speaker Bose surround-sound system, auto-dimming mirror, CD player, and navigation.
4) The 2016 Mazda 3s Grand Touring adds bi-Xenon headlights with auto leveling, pivoting adaptive front-lighting system, LED combination tail lights, leather-trimmed seats, LED daytime running lights, and Homelink integration on its auto-dimming rearview mirror. An available Technology package adds i-Eloop regenerative braking, active grille shutters, high-beam control, lane-departure warning system, adaptive cruise control, Forward Obstruction Warning, and Smart City Brake Support.
5) Standard is a 2.0-liter 4-cylinder SkyActiv-G engine that generates 155 horsepower and 150 lb.-ft. of torque. Available is a 2.5-liter, 4-cylinder SkyActiv-G engine that makes 184 horsepower and 185 lb.-ft. of torque. The larger engine on the 2016 Mazda 3s Touring adds 18-in. alloy wheels, piano-black grille, Active Driving Display, steering wheel-mounted paddle shifters (with automatic transmission only), and a Sport button that adjusts transmission mapping for more spirited driving, according to Mazda.