5 Fast Facts: 2016 Lincoln Navigator
The Lincoln Navigator was introduced in 1997 as one of the first large premium SUVs. A new Navigator Concept, inspired by luxury yachts and that drew praise at the 2016 New York Auto Show, offers a more modern design direction for the next-generation Navigator. Refreshed on the outside and inside in 2015, there are few changes for 2016 to the body-on-frame, 8-seat sport utility that tows as much as 9,000 lbs.
If you are interested in a large luxury SUV, here are five fast facts about the 2016 Lincoln Navigator:
1) Lincoln’s big SUV is powered by a 3.5-liter, EcoBoost twin-turbocharged V-6 engine that generates 380 horsepower and 460 lb.-ft. of torque and provides EPA-estimated fuel-economy ratings of 16 mpg city/22 mpg highway/18 mpg combined for the 4x2 configuration. A 6-speed automatic transmission is standard.
2) Shoppers can choose between the 4x2 and 4x4 standard-wheelbase Navigator and extended Navigator L that is 222.3 inches long. Among the two trim levels, the base Navigator Select rides on 20-in. alloy wheels and features bi-Xenon headlights, park-assist sensors, power liftgate, and a host of standard features. Reserve trim adds 22-in. polished aluminum wheels, adaptive suspension dampers, two-tone exterior paint, and premium leather.
3) A heavy-duty tow package is standard, as is a second-row center floor console delete with standard bucket seats. Options include a dual-headrest entertainment system, power moonroof, second-row heated split bench seat, and two extra-cost colors—Ruby Red Metallic Clearcoat and White Platinum Metallic Tricoat.
4) Standard features on the Navigator SUV include 10-way-power climate-controlled front seats, heated second-row bucket seats or bench seat, power-folding third-row seats, and a THX II 14-speaker audio system. Upscale leather and wood trim is standard, and safety features include a rearview camera, blind-spot monitor, safety canopy air bag system, plus a post-crash alert system.
5) Ford Motor’s latest-generation Sync 3 infotainment system with an 8-in. touch screen is included to offer simpler, faster connectivity.