5 Fast Facts: 2016 Lincoln MKT
2015 model pictured
These five fast facts about the 2016 Lincoln MKT may help you research midsize premium SUVs:
1) The base MKT is front-wheel drive and powered by a 3.7-liter V-6 engine with a 6-speed automatic transmission combining to generate 303 horsepower and 278 lb.-ft. of torque. The optional EcoBoost turbocharged 3.5-liter V-6 is peppier, producing 365 horsepower and 350 lb.-ft. of torque, but is only available on all-wheel-drive (AWD) MKTs.
2) Two trim levels include base and Elite offered with the turbo-powered AWD variant. Additions include a power-folding third-row seat, higher-end audio system, heated steering wheel, and voice-activated navigation. The Technology package option adds advanced driver-assistance systems.
3) Seating can be configured for 6 with first- and second-row buckets and rear bench or for 7 with front buckets and two rows of bench seats. Fold-down seats allow for 74+ cu. ft. of cargo space. Other options include heated and cooled second-row seats, panoramic vista roof, dual-headrest DVD entertainment system, rear refrigerator, and 20-in. polished aluminum wheels.
4) Interior materials have been upgraded with a matte metallic finish. Audio and climate controls are operated through a touch screen rather than with knobs. Connectivity and infotainment features are updated with Sync 3 MyLincoln Touch.
5) Safety features include a panoply of air bags, stability and traction control, rearview camera, and adaptive headlights. Technology package options include collision warning, lane-keeping plus active park-assist, adaptive cruise control, and blind-spot detection. The MyKey system to program teen driver settings is available.