5 Fast Facts: 2016 Land Rover Range Rover
Land Rover’s Range Rover large premium SUV tackles pavement, snow, mud, or gravel with style and energy. The last redesign, for the 2013 model year, reduced 700 lbs. of weight with new aluminum construction. This year, two new engines, including a turbodiesel, are offered.
Five fast facts about the 2016 Land Rover Range Rover that seats 5 are listed for your shopping research:
1) The Range Rover comes in standard and-long wheelbase variants with full-time 4-wheel drive (4WD) in four trim levels: Base, HSE, Supercharged, and Autobiography plus a high-end SVAutbiography that retails for nearly $200,000.
2) A new 3.0-liter, turbocharged diesel engine, mated with the standard ZF 8-speed automatic transmission, delivers 254 horsepower and 443 lb.-ft. of torque, yet saves more than 32% on fuel and achieves 28 mpg on the highway, according to Land Rover. A supercharged, 3.0-liter V-6 engine that makes 240 horsepower and 332 lb.-ft. of torque is also a choice. The Supercharged and Autobiography trim levels are equipped with a 5.0-liter V-8 that generates 510 horsepower and 461 lb.-ft. of torque.
3) The base Range Rover is packed with safety and terrain control technologies, including an infotainment system featuring an 8-in. touch screen plus upscale audio system and heated leather trimmed seats. The HSE features different interior amenities such as a sliding panoramic roof, black lacquer trim, and the Supercharged trim rides on 21-in. alloy wheels and adds stainless gas and brake pedals among features.
4) Upscale Autobiography trim includes two dozen more high-end features than lower trims, including a Meridian 29-speaker audiophile system, leather dash and interior trim, special gearshift paddles, all advanced driver-assistance systems, and a head-up display. The most luxurious SVAutobiography is a fifth variant with a performance V-8, unique grille, badging, duo tone paint, and a premium leather and wood interior designed and engineered by Land Rover’s Special Vehicle Operations (SVO) unit.
5) Vision Assist packages with blind-spot monitoring and more advanced safety systems plus a surround camera system are available for the base Range Rover and Supercharged trim levels. A tow package is an option for the base and HSE diesel-powered trims.