5 Fast Facts: 2016 Kia Forte
Kia offers the 2016 Forte compact car in sedan, coupe (Forte Koup), and hatchback (Forte5) variants with several new option packages and colors. Redesigned in 2014 with input from Kia’s U.S. design center in Irvine, CA, the 5-seat Forte adds a base level trim to its Forte5 hatchback.
Here are five fast facts about the 2016 Kia Forte lineup:
1) Trim levels for the 2016 Forte include LX and EX for sedan; EX and sportier SX for the coupe; and LX, EX, and SX for the Forte5. Standard equipment on the basic LX version includes heated mirrors, tilt-and-telescoping steering wheel, height-adjustable driver seat, split-folding rear seat, Bluetooth and audio connectivity, satellite radio, and USB ports.
2) Standard power for the Forte LX comes from a 1.8-liter 4 cylinder engine that makes 145 horsepower and 130 lb.-ft. of torque with the 6-speed manual or optional 6-speed automatic transmission. The Forte EX is powered by a 2.0-liter engine that produces 173 horsepower and 154 lb.-ft. of torque with standard 6-speed automatic. Three driving-mode controls are standard on the EX. Kia’s Forte5 sporty SX variant features a 1.6-liter 4-cylinder engine with 201 horsepower. The EX Koup is available with manual transmission.
3) The basic LX trim offers a Popular package, with auto headlights, cruise control, upgraded interior, rearview camera, a 4.3-in. display, and 6 audio speakers. Popular Plus equipment adds 16-in. alloy wheels. Keyless entry with remote trunk release is standard.
4) A Protection safety package also is optional along with optional emergency crash notification and teen driving monitor feature.
5) A Premium package for the upgraded Forte EX includes heated front seats, leather trim, power sunroof, push-button start, navigation, and HD Radio. The new Premium Plus package adds LED taillights, a 4.2-in. color display cluster, 10-way adjustable driver ventilated seat, heated steering wheel, heated rear seats, and dual climate control.