5 Fast Facts: 2016 Jeep Renegade
A Beats premium audio system, rain-sensing wipers, and new exterior colors are among the new features for the 2016 Jeep Renegade, which promises strong fuel efficiency and off-road capability. The Renegade Trailhawk delivers 4-wheel-drive (4WD) Trail Rated capability with class-exclusive Jeep Active Drive Low, which includes a 20:1 crawl ratio and Jeep Selec-Terrain system.
Here are some more facts about the 2016 Jeep Renegade:
1) Fuel economy tops 30 mpg with either the 2.4-liter Tigershark engine with MultiAir2 (paired with the segment’s first 9-speed automatic transmission) or the 1.4-liter MultiAir Turbo engine (with 6-speed manual transmission).
2) Technological features include Uconnect access, Uconnect touch-screen radios, large full-color instrument cluster, and up to 70 available advanced safety and security features. The available BeatsAudio premium audio system includes 9 speakers with a 6.5-in. subwoofer and 506-watt amplifier for studio-quality sound.
3) The 2016 Jeep Renegade is available in Sport, Latitude, Limited, and Trailhawk versions in 10 exterior paint colors, including the new-for-2016 Granite Crystal Metallic and Jetset Blue Metallic Clear Coat.
4) Base Renegade trim features the segment’s first disconnecting rear axle and power take-off unit, to provide 4WD-equipped models with enhanced fuel economy. Both Jeep Active Drive and Active Drive Low 4x4 systems include the Jeep Selec-Terrain system, providing up to five modes (Auto, Snow, Sand, and Mud modes, plus exclusive Rock mode on the Trailhawk model) for enhanced 4WD performance on- or off-road in any weather condition, Jeep says.
5) Rain-sensing wipers are standard on the Limited and Trailhawk and optional on Renegade Latitude. The Renegade Trailhawk also offers increased ride height (8.7 in. of ground clearance), skid plates, signature red front and rear tow hooks, Unique 17-in. wheels with on- and off-road tires, and up to 19 inches of water fording. Properly equipped, the Renegade can tow up to 2,000 lbs.