5 Fast Facts: 2016 Jeep Patriot
A popularly priced compact SUV, the 2016 Jeep Patriot adds some standard content and two new option packages: Sport SE and High Altitude. Jeep offers two trim levels for the 2016 Patriot—Sport and Latitude. Mojave Sand is a new exterior color option.
If you’re shopping for a small SUV, here are some facts to consider about the 2016 Patriot:
1) The Sport SE package includes a leather-wrapped steering wheel with audio controls; heated cloth mesh front seats; 17-in. Mineral Gray aluminum wheels; Mineral Gray roof rails, front and rear bumper inserts, and badges; bright exhaust tip; distinctive Sport SE hood decal; increased ride height for front-wheel-drive (FWD) Patriots; and tow hooks for 4-wheel-drive (4WD) models.
2) The Patriot High Altitude package adds several new features. Available as an option on 2016 Jeep Patriot Latitude, the High Altitude package includes new 17-in. Granite-painted pocket aluminum wheels; bright front fascia, rear fascia, roof rails, and exhaust tip; leather seating; power sunroof; and a power 6-way driver seat.
3) Patriot standard features include front-seat-mounted side air bags, electronic stability control, electronic roll mitigation, hill-start assist, Uconnect handsfree, SiriusXM satellite radio (with one-year free subscription), illuminated cupholders, and fog lamps.
4) For 2016, Jeep Patriot 4WD models continue to offer an All-weather Capability Group option that includes Goodyear 17-in. all-terrain tires, all-season floor mats, daytime running headlamps, engine block heater, and tow hooks.
5) Two 4WD systems are available for the 2016 Patriot. Jeep Freedom Drive I 4x4, recommended for daily use, is a full-time, active system with lock mode. Freedom Drive I features a lockable center coupling, to handle deep snow or sand. The Jeep Freedom Drive II 4x4 Off-road package includes a second-generation, continuously variable transaxle with low range (CVT2L) that engages when the off-road mode is activated; 19:1 crawl ratio; 17-in. all-terrain tires with aluminum wheels; full-size spare tire; and other features.