5 Fast Facts: 2016 Jeep Compass
The Jeep Compass adds several standard features for the 2016 model year. It’s available in two trim levels—Sport and Latitude—both of which include a Uconnect system and a year’s subscription to SiriusXM satellite radio. Automatic headlights are standard on the Latitude, and Mojave Sand is a new exterior color.
Here are five fast facts to keep in mind if you’re considering this compact SUV:
1) The Freedom Drive II Off-Road package offers trail-rated 4-wheel-drive (4WD) capability. The new Sport SE package includes a leather-wrapped steering wheel with audio controls, heated cloth mesh front seats, 18-in. Mineral Gray aluminum wheels, Mineral Gray grille rings, fog lamp bezels, roof rails, rear fascia, Sport SE badge, and liftgate brow when equipped with the ParkView rear backup camera and bright exhaust tip.
2) The High Altitude package is available for Compass SUVs equipped with 4WD and includes a 6-speed automatic transmission, leather seating, power sunroof, automatic headlamps, power 6-way driver seat, and 18-in. chrome-clad aluminum wheels. Other options include a power sunroof, premium audio system with 9 Boston Acoustic speakers, illuminated cupholders, liftgate speakers, and fold-flat rear seats.
3) Safety and security features include standard front-seat-mounted side air bags, side curtain air bags for all rows, electronic stability control, electronic roll mitigation, hill-start assist (with manual transmission), and 4-wheel ABS.
4) The 2016 Jeep Compass is available in three drivetrain configurations: standard front-wheel drive (FWD), Freedom Drive I, and the Freedom Drive II Off-road package. Freedom Drive I is a full-time, active FWD system recommended for daily use. The Freedom Drive II Off-Road package includes a second-generation continuously variable transmission (CVT) with low range that engages when the off-road mode is activated, plus 17-in. all-terrain tires and aluminum wheels and other enhancements.
5) The 2016 Jeep Compass Sport features a 2.0-liter 4-cylinder engine that produces 158 horsepower and 141 lb.-ft. of torque, with a 5-speed manual transmission. The Jeep Compass Latitude features a CVT2 transmission and various power feaures. Optional is a 2.4-liter 4-cylinder engine producing 172 horsepower and 165 lb.-ft. of torque.