5 Fast Facts: 2016 Jaguar XJ
The Jaguar XJ large premium sedan is built on the British brand’s newest lighter-weight aluminum architecture. All 2016 XJs come with a choice of powerful engines. For 2016, the 5-seat XJ, which the automaker calls “the pinnacle of Jaguar sports sedans,” gets a few exterior tweaks and more advanced information and safety systems.
On the pages that follow are five fast facts about the 2016 Jaguar XJ:
1) The grille is more upright and larger than the previous model, the taillamps have been redesigned with signature “J” running lights, and rear fascias are slightly revised. Modified, adaptive LED headlight systems are standard on all 2016 XJ trims.
2) Trim levels include: XJR Sport, XJL Portfolio, XJ Supercharged, XJR, and XJR LWB (long wheelbase). Both standard and long-wheelbase XJs can be configured with all-wheel drive (AWD) instead of rear-wheel drive (RWD). Electric power steering has been added to all RWD trims.
3) The 2016 Jaguar XJ is equipped with a standard 3.0-liter V-6 engine that produces 340 horsepower and 332 lb.-ft. of torque and accelerates from 0-60 mph in 5.7 seconds. Two powerful engines are available: a supercharged 5.0-liter V-8 that makes 470 horsepower and a V-8 that generates 550 horsepower in the XJR trim level, which includes performance features including a firmer suspension, gloss black grille, front splitter, and spoiler. All engines are partnered with a ZF 8-speed automatic transmission.
4) New for 2016 is the XJ’s InControl Touch Pro infotainment system with 8-in. display screen and smartphone-interface navigation that allows route planning and guidance for commuting with a traffic sign alert feature on the instrument cluster. SOS emergency calling and Jaguar roadside assistance are included with the InControl Touch Pro system. Advanced driver-assist systems include adaptive cruise control, and a park-assist pack with surround camera system is available.
5) Luxury glove leather and wood veneers are givens for the XJ, but for 2016, diamond quilted leather seats are added to upper trim levels. All seats can be heated and cooled. A panoramic glass roof filters out heat and UV rays.