5 Fast Facts: 2016 Honda Odyssey
Honda’s flagship Odyssey minivan expands to eight trim levels for the 2016 model year, including a new Special Edition (SE) trim that falls between the EX and EX-L. The SE includes a standard rear-entertainment system with a 115-volt power outlet incorporated into the control panel; satellite radio, and HondaVAC in-vehicle vacuum cleaner.
Here are more facts about the 2016 Honda Odyssey:
1) The 2016 Odyssey is powered by a 3.5-liter V-6 engine producing 248 horsepower and 250 lb.-ft. of torque. Honda's i-VTEC enhances power delivery while Variable Cylinder Management helps maximize fuel efficiency and reduce emissions by deactivating cylinders during cruising or coasting. The engine works with a 6-speed automatic transmission to achieve EPA fuel-economy ratings of 19 mpg city/28 mpg highway/22 mpg combined.
2) Exterior styling includes black-trimmed headlights, available fog lights, muscular hood, black-surround grille, body-color matched side mirrors, and bright chrome trim. Rear styling includes LED taillights with clear lenses and eye-catching perimeter “light pipes.” LX trim features 17-in. steel wheels with covers, while EX and EX-L versions have 17-in. aluminum alloy wheels. Touring and Touring Elite trim levels feature 18-in. premium sport aluminum alloy wheels.
3) The 2016 Odyssey EX, SE, EX-L, Touring, and Touring Elite trims have a wiper-linked headlight system that automatically turns on the headlights when the front wipers are activated. Those trims also feature keyless entry and ignition.
4) The interior of the Odyssey features high-grade meter illumination, chrome-trimmed instrument dials and door handles, available 7-in. touch screen, standard rearview camera, and an expanded-view driver’s mirror. Included on Odyssey EX, SE, EX-L, and Touring trims, the Honda LaneWatch display provides an expanded rear view of the passenger-side roadway.
5) Odyssey SE and Touring Elite feature the in-vehicle vacuum cleaner system, HondaVAC, which operates on the vehicle's electrical system. Integrated in the rear cargo area, the vacuum includes an extendable hose, two head attachments, removable debris canister, and replaceable filter bag. The HondaVAC runs up to 8 minutes when the ignition is in Accessory mode, or continuously if the engine is running.