5 Fast Facts: 2016 Honda Accord
The 2016 model year continues the ninth generation of Honda’s midsize Accord, available as a sedan or coupe. Still based on the 2013 model, but with a further refined design, the 2016 Accord features a more rigid body and upgraded chassis, plus upsized wheels and tires on select trim levels. All 2016 Accords can also now be equipped with Honda Sensing as a stand-alone option on all trims except the Touring, which features it as standard equipment. Further changes include the expanded use of LED exterior lighting, and new premium features and technologies, including the first combined application of Apple CarPlay1 and Android Auto1 to a Honda model. Additional new available features for 2016, depending on trim level, include remote engine start, front and rear park-assist sensors, rain-sensing wipers, rear seat heaters, and a 60/40 split-folding rear seat. New exterior color and interior fabrics and décor are available according to trim, the highest of which, Touring, is now offered on the coupe as well as on the sedan.
Other interesting facts about the 2016 Honda Accord include:
1) The Accord Sedan and Coupe both get a more sharply creased and intricately structured front fascia, the lower portion of which tucks into large intake-like meshed areas that house new LED fog lights (Sport trim and above). The Accord Coupe also boasts more sporting and aggressive front and rear fasciae, new grille, and restyled headlights and taillights.
2) Restyled wheels feature larger tires on most trims, and all feature expanded use of LED lighting.
3) Some trim levels feature new glossy piano black interior materials and carbon fiber-style dashboard trim, and new cloth seat fabric with leatherette bolsters characterize the Accord Sport Sedan.
4) Honda Sensing safety technology includes a collision-mitigation braking system, lane-departure warning, forward-collision warning, lane-keeping assist, road-departure mitigation, and adaptive cruise control.
5) All 2016 Accords feature a standard multi-angle rearview camera and expanded-view driver's mirror. Touring trim adds auto high-beam headlights that enhance nighttime visibility.