5 Fast Facts: 2016 Fiat 500e
The all-electric version of the classic Fiat 500 Italian compact provides the equivalent of 121 mpg city/103 highway, and can run 84 miles between charges, consuming an EPA-estimated 30-kWh of electricity per 100 miles.
Here are some other facts about the 2016 Fiat 500e:
1) The diminutive 500e electric vehicle (EV) employs a 24-kWh liquid-heated and –cooled, Lithium-ion high-voltage battery with 4-mode thermal management system and an electric drive motor that cranks out 111 horsepower and 147 lb.-ft. of torque. It employs a single-speed automatic transmission with electronic push-button shifter, and shifts automatically to park.
2) The Fiat 500e runs on 15-in. low-rolling-resistance tires and features a MacPherson strut front suspension with twin-tube struts and stabilizer bar and a twist-beam rear suspension with coil springs and twin-tube shock absorbers.
3) Standard features include automatic temperature control; power windows and locks; leather-wrapped steering wheel with audio controls; cruise control; 7-in. driver information digital cluster display; instrument panel charge status indicator; leatherette bucket seats; Alpine premium audio system; Uconnect 5.0, which includes a 5-in. full-color touch screen, AM/FM radio, media hub with USB port and auxiliary input jack, voice command, Bluetooth streaming audio, hands-free calling, and voice text reply (not compatible with iPhone mobile devices); GPS navigation with voice-activated commands; range indicators and routing; Fiat access smartphone application with remote telematics; bifunctional halogen projector headlights; fog lights; 7 air bags; rear park-assist system; heated power front seats with memory feature; heated power body-color exterior mirrors (accent color available); regenerative braking system with 4-wheel disc brakes; electronic stability control; hill-start assist; satellite radio with one yearof service included; and a security alarm. An eSport package is also available. An audible pedestrian warning system activates automatically.
4) The 500e includes a 4-year/50,000-mile basic limited warranty and an 8-year/100,000-mile powertrain limited warranty.
5) Eight exterior colors are available: orange, light blue, white, black, and several shades of grey. Two interior color schemes are available. A white front fascia insert and white mirror caps are included with the lighter colored interior.