5 Fast Facts: 2016 Dodge Journey
A versatile crossover SUV, the 2016 Dodge Journey is available in five trim levels, some of which are priced lower than the previous year. This 7-passenger all-wheel-drive (AWD) vehicle features an available Pentastar V-6 engine.
If you’re in the market for a compact crossover SUV, here are five fast facts about the 2016 Dodge Journey:
1) For 2016, the Dodge Journey lineup has been streamlined from seven trim levels to five. The Journey SE replaces the AVP as the entry-level model; its standard features include 17-in. wheels and keyless Enter ‘n Go with push-button start. The 2016 Dodge Journey Crossroad offers a rugged appearance, and the Crossroad Plus adds standard leather seats, an 8.4-in. Uconnect system, and sport mesh seat inserts.
2) Journey Crossroad and Crossroad Plus both feature distinctive front and rear fascias with Platinum Chrome accents, Platinum Chrome side sills, Platinum Chrome roof rails, and 19-in. Hyper Black aluminum wheels.
3) Journey SE, SXT, Crossroad, and Crossroad Plus trims feature a standard 2.4-liter 4-cylinder engine, which produces 173 horsepower and 166 lb.-ft. of torque, linked to a 4-speed automatic transmission. A 3.6-liter V-6 engine, optional on Journey SXT, Crossroad, and Crossroad Plus and standard on the R/T and AWD Journeys, produces 283 horsepower and 260 lb.-ft. of torque and works with a 6-speed automatic transmission.
4) The 2016 Journey’s interior features a standard full-color display backlit in Dodge red lights. Integrated center stack bezels are sculpted, with a softer radius to make more room for the driver’s knees. The cushioned center console armrest lifts to reveal a center storage bin with a 12-volt outlet and USB port. Various other storage bins are standard.
5) Second-row and available third-row seats fold flat to create 67.6 cu. ft. of cargo space. Second-row seats recline and have available class-exclusive integrated child booster seats. Third-row seating is available on all trim levels.