5 Fast Facts: 2016 Dodge Durango
The 2016 Dodge Durango is a sporty SUV, and the new model offers new start/stop technology, a sport mode, and exterior appearance updates on all trims. A limited-edition trim introduces the Brass Monkey Appearance package.
If you’re considering a new midsize SUV, keep these facts in mind:
1) Engine start/stop technology is now standard on Dodge Durangos powered by the 3.6-liter V-6 engine, which delivers up to 295 horsepower, 260 lb.-ft. of torque, and 6,200 lbs. of towing capacity. The optional 5.7-liter Hemi V-8 engine makes 360 horsepower and 390 lb.-ft. of torque, and can tow 7,400 lbs.
2) Starter and battery systems have been upgraded to complement the start/stop technology for heavy-duty operation on Durangos equipped with the feature. This includes a high-durability starter housed in a stronger case and a more robust solenoid.
3) The 2016 Dodge Durango offers up to 50 different seating configurations, including available second-row captain’s chairs, and 85 cu. ft. of cargo capacity. All-wheel drive is available on all four trim levels, and four all-new exterior paint colors are available for 2016: Red Pearl, Luxury Brown, Light Brownstone, and Ivory Pearl Tri-coat.
4) The Brass Monkey Appearance package is available on the Durango Limited. It features 20-in. Brass Monkey (burnished bronze) wheels, Gloss Black grille and exterior badge, and body-color door handles, exterior mirrors, front fascia, rear fascia, sills, and wheel flares. The Limited also features a new finish on the standard 18-in. wheel. The available Premium Group adds new 20-in. polished aluminum wheels and body-color lower front fascia, rear fascia, sills, and wheel flares.
5) Sport mode capability is available on all 2016 Durangos, for a more responsive driving experience. Turning on Sport mode changes steering calibration, pedal calibration, and shift pattern to enhance the SUV’s performance.