5 Fast Facts: 2016 Dodge Dart
The sporty, compact Dodge Dart sedan emphasizes a generous list of features and fuel economy up to 41 mpg highway. Appearance features are the big story for the 2016 model year, including the Sport Appearance Hood, available on Dart SXT (with Rallye or Blacktop packages) and GT trim levels for 2016.
Fiat Chrysler Automobiles recently announced the discontinuation of the Dodge Dart following the 2016 model year, so interested shoppers had better act fast. In the meantime, here are five things to know about the 2016 Dodge Dart:
1) Dodge has reshuffled the trim levels on the 2016 Dart. The Blacktop package is now available on the Dart GT. The Dart SE Rallye Appearance Group includes 17-in. Granite Crystal aluminum wheels, black headlamp bezels, black grille surround with black crosshair, and a black bumper. An 18-in. Hyper Black wheel is now standard on the Dart GT, and a new 18-in. Gloss Black 10-spoke wheel is optional. New colors for 2016 include TorRed and Go Mango.
2) Safety and security features include 10 standard air bags, electronic stability control, electronic roll mitigation, all-speed traction control, ParkView rear backup camera, blind-spot monitoring, rear cross-traffic detection, rear park assist with dynamic grid lines, and more.
3) The Dart’s class-exclusive Uconnect system includes an available 8.4-in. touch-screen radio and Voice Command, which allows hands-free Bluetooth operation and enables drivers to switch radio modes, tune to AM/FM and SiriusXM satellite radio stations, and request real-time information (such as fuel prices) from Sirius Travel Link using natural-voice commands.
4) The Dart SE features a 2.0-liter 4-cylinder engine and a 6-speed manual transmission, which produces 160 horsepower and 148 lb.-ft. of torque. Its EPA fuel-economy rating is 25 mpg city/36 mpg highway/29 mpg combined. The Dart SXT features a 2.4-liter 4-cylinder engine with MultiAir2 technology, delivering 184 horsepower and 174 lb.-ft. of torque.
5) The Dart Limited offers a long menu of premium features, including Nappa leather seating with perforated inserts, heated front seats, heated steering wheel, 10-way power driver seat (including 4-way power lumbar adjust), power sunroof, body-color power heated exterior mirrors with courtesy lamps and supplemental signals, projector fog lamps, and 17-in. Satin Silver aluminum wheels. Considerable customization is available.