5 Fast Facts: 2016 Chrysler 200
The 2016 Chrysler 200 is a midsize sedan that offers plain but elegant styling and a full complement of safety and technology features, including a standard 9-speed automatic transmission, state-of-the-art electronic shifting, and an all-wheel-drive (AWD) system with an automatic, fully disconnecting rear axle.
Chrysler has announced that it will discontinue the 200 following the 2016 model year. In the meantime, here are some facts worth knowing if you’re considering shopping the 2016 Chrysler 200:
1) For this 90th year of Chrysler as a car brand, the automaker is offering a 90th Anniversary package for the 2016 Chrysler 200 Limited model. In addition to the Limited’s standard features, the anniversary package adds an 8.4-in. touch-screen radio (featuring a Chrysler Anniversary screen logo) with Uconnect Access and SiriusXM satellite radio, sunroof, Convenience Group (1-year SiriusXM radio, body-color power heated mirrors, leather-wrapped steering wheel, power 4-way driver lumbar adjust, power 8-way driver seat, and sun visors with illuminating vanity mirrors), and floor mats with Chrysler Anniversary logo.
2) Standard or available safety and security features on the 2016 200 include a reversing camera, blind-spot monitoring, rear cross-traffic detection, adaptive cruise control, lane-keep assist, forward-collision warning, and parallel and perpendicular park assist. Fuel efficiency tops out at 36 mpg highway.
3) Three new exterior paint color choices are available for 2016: Black Forest Green Clear Coat, Maximum Steel Clear Coat, and Redline Tri-coat Pearl Coat.
4) The Uconnect system offers new “Do Not Disturb” and “Reply with Text Message” features. The former will route all incoming mobile calls to voicemail and suppress text messages; the owner will have the option of sending a default or customized response once a call or text message is received.
5) Trim levels for 2016 include LX, Limited, 200S, and 200C. The Chrysler 200S provides a “distinctive, more sinister style and sportier driving experience,” according to Chrysler, while the 200C offers premium amenities at an affordable price point.