5 Fast Facts: 2016 Chevrolet Traverse
Chevrolet’s midsize crossover SUV incorporates distinctive front and rear fascias that include a power dome hood, streamlined headlights and fog lights, chrome accents, and sculpted front corners. Wheel designs are offered in 17-, 18- and 20-in. sizes. The Traverse is built on a body-frame integral structure that allows easy entry and exit, with wide rear doors and GM’s exclusive Smart Slide second-row seat feature to allow smooth entrance to the second- and third-row seats.
Here are some other facts about the 2016 Chevrolet Traverse:
1) Additional exterior features include chrome door handles; power liftgate standard on 2LT and LTZ trims; full chrome side window molding standard on the LTZ; and heated, power-adjustable, power-folding side mirrors with driver-side auto-dimming (body color with integrated turn signal indicators standard on the LTZ).
2) New exterior colors on the 2016 Traverse include Iridescent Pearl, Mosaic Black Metallic, Siren Red Tintcoat, Sable Metallic, Blue Velvet Metallic, Tungsten Metallic, Silver Ice, Summit White, and Champagne Silver Metallic.
3) The Traverse’s interior features soft-touch surfaces on the instrument panel and front door uppers, contrast stitching, chrome and silver accents, and available blue ambient lighting. A center stack houses illuminated climate controls and showcases a 6.5-in.-diagonal color touch radio with the available Chevrolet MyLink or MyLink with Navigation infotainment systems.
4) Optional interior features, at various trim levels, include a new Leather and Driver Confidence package, with leather-appointed seating, 8-way power driver and passenger seats; side blind-zone alert and rear cross-traffic alert; power-folding driver-side auto-dimming body-color mirrors with integrated turn signal indicators; 8-way power passenger seat; and articulating head restraints in the front seats. A heated steering wheel is standard on the LTZ; a leather-wrapped steering wheel is standard on LT and LTZ trims. Interior colors include Ebony/Saddle Up, Light Titanium/Dark Titanium, and Ebony.
5) The Traverse offers 3 standard rows of seating on all trim levels, flexible seating configurations, and family-oriented entertainment features. The SUV provides 24.4 cu. ft. of cargo room behind the third row. Total cargo volume is 116.3 cu. ft.