5 Fast Facts: 2016 Chevrolet Suburban
Chevrolet’s classic hauler, the Suburban underwent a complete redesign for the 2015 model year, contemporizing the full-size SUV’s functionality, performance, and convenience. New for 2016 are an enhanced Driver Alert package featuring power-adjustable pedals, forward-collision alert, intelligent headlamps, lane-keep assist, and a Safety Alert Seat. Available is a head-up display with digital multi-function readouts and reconfigurable instrument cluster. A new standard 8-in.-diagonal Color Touch, Connected Radio with 4G LTE Wi-Fi and enhanced Chevrolet MyLink with phone-integration technology featuring Apple CarPlay capability round out the updated technology. New exterior colors are Siren Red Tintcoat and Iridescent Pearl Tricoat.
Here are five more facts about the 2016 Chevrolet Suburban:
1) The 2016 Suburban is offered in LS, LT, and LTZ trims, with a 5.3-liter V-8 engine with direct injection, rated at 355 horsepower and 383 lb.-ft. of torque. It gets an EPA-estimated 16 mpg city and 23 mpg highway with 2WD—a nearly 10% increase in highway mileage and 7% over the previous year’s city mileage.
2) Fold-flat second- and third-row seats include an available power-folding feature. Total cargo space is 121.1 cu. ft. with rear seats folded. Maximum trailering capacity is 8,300 lbs. The available rear-seat entertainment system features dual screens and a Blu-ray DVD player.
3) The Suburban’s exterior design features inlaid doors that fit into the body side openings, significantly improving the quietness of the interior cabin and contributing to improved aerodynamics, Chevy says. Lightweight aluminum hood and liftgate panels also enhance efficiency through reduced overall mass.
4) The LTZ trim features more bright trim on the fascias, grille, body sides, and mirror caps, plus power-retractable and illuminated side steps.
5) LS trim features standard front cloth bucket seats or an optional bench seat with 10-way power-adjustable driver and 2-way passenger seats with haptic seat alerts; the LTZ has standard heated/cooled, perforated leather-appointed 10-way power bucket front seats with haptic seat alerts and heated, power-release folding second-row bucket seats or optional bench and power-folding third-row bench seat.