5 Fast Facts: 2016 Chevrolet Silverado HD
The heavy-duty version of the Silverado, Chevrolet’s full-size pickup truck, comes in 2500HD or 3500HD capacities. For 2016, Chevy has introduced technological upgrades to the integrated cruise control, powertrain grade braking, and diesel exhaust braking.
Here are more facts about the 2016 Chevrolet Silverado HD:
1) New Digital Steering Assist power steering, on some double cab and crew cab models, helps make hauling and trailering easier and more confident, with electronic controls that enhance road holding and stability on the highway—particularly on crowned roads—regardless of whether the truck is loaded. Chevrolet also offers a new Gooseneck/5th Wheel Trailering Prep package, with a spray-in bedliner, that makes Silverado HD models ready to tow larger trailers. It features a frame-mounted hitch platform and tray that accommodates a gooseneck ball hitch or fifth-wheel hitch mounting brackets, as well as a cargo bed-mounted trailer harness.
2) Silverado HD’s MyLink systems are enhanced for 2016, offering greater connectivity choices. They include a new HD Radio with a 7-in.-diagonal capacitive touch screen with performance improvements such as a faster processer, Apple CarPlay, and Android Auto capability. An 8-in. system is available.
3) Additional new features for 2016 include available wireless phone charging, available remote locking tailgate, and three exterior colors: Siren Red Tintcoat (double cab only), Red Hot, and Butte Red Metallic (crew cab only).
4) Silverado HDs’ trailering ratings are aligned with SAE J2807 standards, with maximum available capacities reaching up to 18,000 lbs. for the 2500, and up to 23,200 lbs. for the 3500. Those maximum ratings are achieved with the available Duramax 6.6-liter turbodiesel engine and Allison 1000 6-speed transmission.
5) Regular, double cab, and crew cab models are offered, with 78- or 96-in. boxes. Dual-rear-wheel configurations are available on the 3500HD. Trim levels include Work Truck (WT), LT, LTZ, and High Country. Special editions like Custom, Custom Sport, and Midnight, plus equipment packages, allow maximum customization.