5 Fast Facts: 2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
The 2016 edition of Chevrolet’s Silverado 1500 full-size pickup truck includes many new standard and available features, as well as a new Black Out Edition (late availability), available on WT regular cab and extended cab.
Here are more facts worth knowing about the 2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500:
1) New front-end designs feature bold horizontal elements, sculpted hood, and LED signature lighting; HID projector headlights with LED signature on WT, LS, and LT trims; high-performance LED headlamps with LED signature standard on LTZ and High Country trims; new grille design with specific appearances for different models; standard LED taillamps on LTZ and High Country; available remote locking tailgate; and available assist steps on the High Country. Other new exterior treatments include Siren Red Tintcoat, Red Hot, and Iridescent Pearl Tricoat paint colors.
2) Chevrolet MyLink with 8-in. or 7-in. touch screen features performance improvements including a faster processor for better performance and Apple CarPlay capability. Android Auto capability is coming later in the model year. Wireless phone charging is included on Silvarados equipped with front bucket seats.
3) The 2016 Silverado 1500 is available in seven trim levels; in rear-wheel (RWD) or 4-wheel drive (4WD); and in regular, extended, and crew cab formats. A heavy-duty towing package is available.
4) Standard engine is a 4.3-liter V-6 rated at 285 horsepower. Fuel economy tops out at 23 mpg on the available 5.3-liter V-8 engine. The available 6.2-liter V-8 engine enables towing capacity of 12,000 lbs. An 8-speed automatic transmission now available with the 5.3-liter V-8 engine on LTZ and High Country trims.
5) Available safety features include lane-keep assist, which helps keep the truck in its lane with subtle steering enhancements, and IntelliBeam (high-beam assist) headlight control, which automatically adjusts high beams for oncoming traffic. Both are added to the Enhanced Driver Alert package.