5 Fast Facts: 2016 Chevrolet Impala
Chevrolet’s sporty full-size Impala sedan adds a special edition and various upgrades for 2016. Trim levels are LS, LT, and LTZ, with a special Impala Midnight Edition available in the the LT or LTZ trim. Apple CarPlay and wireless charging capability are new for this year, and available leather replaces optional sueded cloth interiors on the LT trim level.
Here are five more facts about the 2016 Chevrolet Impala:
1) Impala’s standard 2.5-liter 4-cylinder engine generates 196 horsepower and 186 lb.-ft. of torque. Optional is a 3.6-liter V-6 engine making 305 horsepower and 264 lb.-ft. of torque, which the maker claims is the highest horsepower output in the segment from a naturally aspirated V-6. Each engine is matched with a 6-speed automatic transmission.
2) Through Apple CarPlay capability, the all-new Chevrolet MyLink infotainment system integrates certain phone functions onto an 8-in.-diagonal color touch screen. With wireless charging, smartphone users can place their phone on a charging pad in front of the shifter that draws electricity to the device, with no need for cords or wires. This feature is available in Technology packages for LS and LTZ trim levels.
3) The Impala Midnight Edition features the V-6 engine and a blacked-out package that strengthens the vehicle’s dramatic styling, Chevy says. It includes a Jet Black exterior, including body color mirrors; 19-in. machine-faced aluminum wheels with black accents; black grille and surround; front and rear black Chevrolet bowtie; Jet Black interior; sport pedals; and a black rear spoiler. Standard chrome mirror caps and door accent molding are deleted on the LTZ.
4) The start/stop feature on the 2.5-liter engine includes a tandem-solenoid starter that enables the engine to restart quicker and more smoothly, even if the engine hasn’t come to a complete stop, while an electrically driven transmission auxiliary hydraulic pressure pump keeps the transmission fluid circulating for a quick takeoff, according to the automaker.
5) New exterior colors for 2016 include Citron Green Metallic, Heather Gray Metallic, Siren Red Tintcoat, Mosaic Black Metallic, and Green Envy Metallic.