5 Fast Facts: 2016 Chevrolet Equinox
The versatile Chevrolet Equinox SUV receives a restyled front fascia, chrome-accented dual-port grille, projector-beam headlights, and rear fascia for 2016. LED daytime running lights are now standard on LT and LTZ trim levels, with blind-spot monitoring and rear cross-traffic alert available on those trims. Also, a 7-in. Color Touch radio (including Bluetooth phone connectivity) and rear-vision camera are standard on the L and LS.
Here are some more useful facts about the 2016 Chevy Equinox:
1) For 2016, a new trim lineup includes L, LS, LT, and LTZ, eliminating the 1LT and 2LT trims. Equinox LT and LTZ grilles have distinctive chrome trim. New premium projector-beam headlights on all trims increase nighttime visibility, updated daytime running lights are added to upper trims, and the LTZ gets new fog lights. Also, new 17-in. aluminum wheels are standard on L, LS, and LT, with new 18-in. aluminum wheels on the LTZ.
2) The 2016 Equinox seats 5, with all-wheel drive (AWD) offered on LS, LT, and LTZ versions. The SUV’s interior offers 31.4 cu. ft. of cargo space behind the rear seat and 63.7 cu. ft. with the rear seat folded. The standard MultiFlex sliding rear seat travels nearly 8 inches fore and aft, providing up to 39.9 inches of legroom.
3) The standard 2.4-liter direct-injection engine delivers an EPA-estimated 32 mpg highway (front-wheel-drive models). A direct-injection, 3.6-liter V-6 engine—available with LT and LTZ trims—delivers 301 horsepower and 272 lb.-ft. of torque. The V-6 engine enables a trailering capacity of up to 3,500 lbs.
4) Family-friendly features include several storage bins, oversized glove box, closed storage bin under the center armrest big enough to accommodate a laptop computer, 4 12-volt power outlets, and 8 cupholders.
5) Premium cloth seating with Light Titanium/Jet Black or Jet Black interior colors is offered on L, LS, and LT trims. Perforated leather-appointed seating with new Saddle Up, Light Titanium/Jet Black, or Jet Black interior colors are standard on the LTZ.