5 Fast Facts: 2016 Chevrolet Cruze
Chevrolet’s compact sedan is larger and lighter for 2016, and features an all-new standard 1.4-liter turbo engine with direct injection that generates 153 horsepower and 177 lb.-ft. of torque, while making an EPA-estimated 42 mpg on the highway. The new engine, and leaner architecture, make the 2016 Cruze 250 lbs. lighter than the 2015 model. Also new for 2016 are available Android Auto and Apple CarPlay capability. Available safety features include side blind-zone alert, rear cross-traffic alert, lane-keep assist, and forward-collision alert. A diesel version will follow in 2017.
Here are five more facts about the 2016 Chevrolet Cruze:
1) A new trim level range includes L, LS, LT, and Premier, along with a more expressive RS package. Standard features include projector headlights with LED signature lighting, and LED daytime running lights on upper trims. New available features include wireless phone charging, heated rear leather seats, and a heated leather-wrapped steering wheel.
2) A faster windshield rake and a faster-sloping rear profile lend a sportier look to the design, while the rear profile culminates in a standard integral rear spoiler that contributes to the car’s aero efficiency, Chevy says. Hood features and body-side panels feature detailed, layered line work.
3) The RS package includes distinctive grilles, front and rear fascias, fog lamps, front splitter, rocker panels, rear spoiler, and 18-in. wheels on the Premier trim.
4) The center console features a repositioned shifter, more intuitive positioning of the cupholders, and enhanced storage; the interior features more soft-touch surfaces and animal-grained, micro-etched surfacing as well as premium fabrics with contrast stitching. Leather trim is available.
5) The 2016 Cruze’s all-new Chevrolet MyLink infotainment system integrates certain phone functions on the 7-in.-diagonal color touch screen. An uplevel MyLink radio with and 8-in. display and navigation is available and incorporates Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, as well as available OnStar with 4G LTE capability and a built-in Wi-Fi hotspot.