5 Fast Facts: 2016 Chevrolet Colorado
Here are five fast facts about the 2016 Chevrolet Colorado:
1) For 2016, the Colorado offers Chevy MyLink with an available built-in 4G LTE Wi-Fi hotspot, lane-departure warning, and forward-collision alert. New phone-integration technology on Colorado’s MyLink system displays content from Apple iPhone 5 or later models on the multi-color screen through the Apple CarPlay feature.
2) Chevrolet offers in the 2016 Colorado an all-new, 2.8-liter, Duramax turbo-diesel engine that gives the truck a maximum trailering rating of 7,700 lbs. The motor generates 181 horsepower and 369 lb.-ft. of torque. The standard engine remains a 2.5-liter 4-cylinder unit, rated at up to 27 mpg on the highway by the EPA. Also available is a 3.6-liter V-6 motor that can handle up to 1,590 lbs. of payload and up to 7,000 lbs. of trailer.
3) The Chevy Colorado is available in 4-door extended- or crew-cab configurations. Trim levels include Work Truck (WT), LT, and Z71. The off-road-inspired Z71 features a gunmetal grille surround, projector headlamps, and 17-in. aluminum wheels with all-terrain tires, automatic-locking rear differential, and standard transfer case skid plate. Beds of 62 in. or 74 in. are available.
4) The Colorado features triple-sealed doors inlaid in the body sides, like its stablemate, the full-size Silverado, for improved aerodynamic performance and a quieter interior, according to Chevy. The Colorado also offers the segment’s first active aero grille shutters, designed to enhance aerodynamics when closed.
5) Hauling and access solutions include a standard CornerStep rear bumper design; EZ Lift-and-Lower tailgate that uses an internal torsion bar to make raising the tailgate easier with one hand (standard on Z71 and available on WT and LT models; standard two-tier loading that allows a platform to effectively split the bed into upper and lower sections; and 13 standard tie-down locations throughout the pickup bed.