5 Fast Facts: 2016 Cadillac CTS
The Cadillac CTS Sedan and the CTS-V feature new engine technology for the 2016 model year. Cadillac’s flagship midsize sedan also offers enhanced performance, efficiency, and connectivity. New features for 2016 include a supercharged, 640-horsepower, 6.2-liter V-8 engine on the CTS-V; all-new 3.6-liter, direct-injection V-6 engine with Active Fuel Management (cylinder deactivation) and fuel-saving start/stop technology on the CTS Sedan; 8-speed automatic transmission matched with the 335-horsepower 3.6-liter V-6 and 2.0-liter turbo engine; Surround Vision 360-degree camera system; and new 18-in. wheel design.
Here are more facts about the 2016 Cadillac CTS:
1) New premium exterior colors include Cocoa Bronze Metallic, Moonstone Metallic, and Stellar Black Metallic. Interior colors and trim combinations have also been revised.
2) The 2016 CTS lineup is offered in standard trim, as well as Luxury, Performance, and Premium Collections. The CTS and V-Sport models return unchanged for 2016. Cadillac’s CUE infotainment system has been revised to function more intuitively, Cadillac says, while providing connectivity and information on a high-resolution 8-in. touch screen. Cadillac CUE also offers smartphone-integration capability for 2016.
3) The exterior of the CTS features an uninterrupted linear design element that runs from head to tail, emphasizing the CTS’s long, lean proportions, according to Cadillac. A “trapped” hood design, surrounded completely by sheet metal, eliminates the forward cut lines between the grille and headlights. Projector-beam halogen headlights are standard and high-intensity-discharge headlights with adaptive forward lighting are available.
4) The CTS’ cabin employs asymmetrical features that focus the controls and displays on the driver, the automaker says. An industry-exclusive, one-piece wrapped upper instrument panel flows from the base of the windshield down to the base of the center stack. Five two-tone combinations are offered, each trimmed with authentic wood or carbon fiber. Leather seating is available, including available full semi-aniline, with hand-crafted, cut-and-sewn executions.
5) Additional interior features include a standard rear-vision camera, heated and ventilated front seats with leather seating surfaces, heated steering wheel, and a hand-wrapped, motorized cupholder lid.