5 Fast Facts: 2016 Buick LaCrosse
The 2016 Buick LaCrosse is a midsize sedan, offered in five trim levels: LaCrosse 1SV (1SV), LaCrosse (1SB), Leather (1SL), Premium I (1SP), and Premium II (1SR). They include front-wheel- (FWD) and all-wheel-drive (AWD) configurations, available with two powertrains: a standard 3.6-liter, direct-injection V-6 (FWD and AWD) and a 2.4-liter engine with eAssist light electrification technology (FWD only).
A new LaCrosse arrives for the 2017 model year, but in the meantime, here are some facts about the 2016 Buick LaCrosse:
1) Updates for 2016 include 20-in. wheels available on LaCrosse Premium with AWD and three new premium paint colors: Dark Sapphire Blue Metallic, Graphite Gray Metallic, and Ebony Twilight Metallic.
2) Headlight housings have a more angular appearance and LED signature accents. Headlights are positioned slightly outboard to reinforce the car’s presence, and articulating bi-Xenon HID headlights are available on LaCrosse Leather and Premium I and II. Wraparound LED taillights illuminate more quickly than conventional bulbs when the brakes are applied.
3) The 2016 LaCrosse interior features a flowing design and contemporary colors, according to Buick. The instrument panel houses a configurable 8-in. color touch screen. Front headrests are fully wrapped, a heated steering wheel is standard on LaCrosse Premium and available on LaCrosse Leather. Interior color/trim choices include Light Neutral/Cocoa, offered with cloth or Soleil Keisel leather seats and Kyoto Maple wood-style décor; Ebony, offered with cloth or Soleil Keisel leather seats and Cellini wood-style décor; Choccachino/Ebony with Soleil Keisel leather seats with contrast stitching and Phantasm wood-style décor; Sangria/Ebony with semi-aniline full leather seats; and authentic Tamo Ash wood trim (Ultra Luxury Interior package).
4) The available Ultra Luxury Interior package on Leather and Premium I and II trim levels adds a synthetic suede headliner and pillar coverings; semi-aniline full leather seats, console, and door armrests; and an authentic Tamo Ash wood trim.
5) Available on 3.6-liter FWD LaCrosses with 19- or 20-in. wheels is real-time damping and Sport Mode Selectivity, which uses four electronically controlled dampers to constantly read the road and make adjustments within milliseconds.