5 Fast Facts: 2016 Buick Encore
The 2016 Buick Encore is a compact crossover SUV, available in front-wheel and all-wheel drive, and in five trim levels: Encore (1SB), Encore Convenience (1SD), Encore Sport Touring (1SH), Encore Leather (1SL), and Encore Premium (1SN). All versions of the Encore offer room for five and up to 48.4 cu. ft. of storage space. Standard features include 10 air bags, stability control, and a 138-horsepower, 1.4-liter, turbo 4-cylinder engine coupled with a 6-speed automatic transmission. Buick’s exclusive QuietTuning is also standard and includes Bose Active Noise Cancellation technology.
Here are some more facts about Buick’s popular Encore SUV:
1) Standard and available safety features include rear cross-traffic alert and side blind-zone alert systems with the Convenience package. The Encore Premium offers front and rear park-assist, forward-collision alert, and lane-departure warning.
2) The new Encore Sport Touring trim features distinctive exterior cues and an exclusive, all-new, 1.4-liter turbocharged engine featuring direct injection and start/stop technology.
3) The Encore’s exterior features a winged rear spoiler, 18-in. aluminum premium-finish wheels, and body-color door handles.
4) The Encore’s signature exterior cues include a waterfall grille, chrome accents and surrounds, portholes on the hood, standard body-color door handles with chrome strips, and a styled, stainless steel exhaust tip. Blue-accented halogen composite projector-beam headlights, detailed taillights, and 18-in. 5-spoke painted aluminum wheels are standard. Seven-spoke Ultra-Bright aluminum wheels are available.
5) The Encore’s interior features a flowing instrument panel that wraps into the door panels, and upholstery can be all-Ebony or a mix of dark and light. Premium seats feature high-density foam for greater comfort and are trimmed in cloth/leatherette or available premium leather.