5 Fast Facts: 2016 Alfa Romeo 4C
The 2016 Alfa Romeo 4C is a luxury sports car that comes in two versions: the Coupe and the Spider, which is a roadster with a cloth top or two optional hardtops. The Alfa Romeo 4C is known for its agility (particularly in cornering), light weight, and classic design.
Here are a few important facts if you’re considering this iconic Italian car:
1) The 2016 Alfa Romeo 4C weighs 2,487 lbs. and features a 1.75-liter, turbocharged 4-cylinder engine that makes 237 horsepower and 258 lb.-ft. of torque. The engine is known for its distinctive low-pitched roar accompanied by the voice of the turbocharger. It works with a 7-speed twin-clutch transmission (TCT) operable in automatic or manual mode.
2) The 2016 model has added several options. These include a carbon-fiber cover for the 4C Spider’s aluminum roll bar. The Carbon Fiber Trim package is available for both the Coupe and the Spider, and includes an instrument panel, shift paddles, instrument cluster surround, and vent surrounds made out of the same lightweight carbon fiber featured in the rest of the vehicle.
3) A premium leather trim option features tobacco and black sport seats paired with a black leather interior with tobacco stitching. Other leather options are also available. The optional Track package includes high-performance shock absorbers with larger front and rear sway bars, and available bespoke Pirelli P-Zero tires.
4) Various wheel options are available for the 4C, including a 17 x 7-in. (front), 18 x 8- in. (rear), 5-dual spoke design, Matte Black painted; 18 x 7-in. (front), 19 x 8.5-in. (rear), 5-hole design, Silver painted; and 18 x 7-in. (front), 19 x 8.5-in. (rear), 5-hole design, Dark Gray painted.
5) The 4C’s design is inspired by the classic 1967 Alfa Romeo 33 Stradale. Drive modes include All-Weather, Natural, Dynamic, and Race, which vary as to throttle response, shifting speeds, and traction control.