The Jeep Commander is a 7-passenger SUV styled much like the traditional (and since discontinued) Jeep Cherokee and Wagoneer models-often credited with starting the SUV craze. Built on a modified Grand Cherokee unibody platform, the Commander is reportedly scheduled to be discontinued in 2011, making 2010 the final year for the model. Jeep nevertheless made several minor changes for 2010 including dropping an engine option, and adding cosmetic enhancements to the Limited model.
- Minor changes for 2010, reportedly its final year
- 4.7-liter V-8 engine dropped
- Chromed body-side molding is now standard on all models
- Power liftgate is now standard on the Limited model
- Chromed assist handles, body-color fender flares, and body-colored exterior mirrors standard on the Limited model
- New 18-inch wheels available on the Limited model
- New exterior color: Red Crystal Pearl