As the demands of a utility’s key accounts continue to evolve, understanding their experiences is imperative to raising satisfaction levels. It is critical utility companies provide services that delight their business customers since they expect reliable power, fair rates, easy-to-use payment options, and excellent customer service. Electric utilities that listen to the voice of the customer take the first step in targeting performance improvement initiatives that can increase overall customer satisfaction.
The J.D. Power Key Accounts Electric Utility Business Customer Satisfaction StudySM measures the business utility’s largest customers’ satisfaction across four U.S. geographic regions, which include the Northeast, Midwest, South, and West.
The study, which provides the electric industry with insights into the evolving needs and demands of very large business customers, includes five objectives:
- Quantifying the factors that drive overall satisfaction among business customers
- Establishing the relative performance of electric utility companies in the United States in terms of how well they satisfy their Key Accounts
- Capturing a nationwide footprint of electric utility performance by including as many utilities as possible
- Providing actionable information by developing insights into the needs of utility customers
- Comparing year-over-year performance
Study subscription provides access to the tools needed to gain an understanding of how a company is performing and to identify areas needing improvement, which could ultimately reduce program costs.
Some highlights of the study deliverables include:
- Access to a personalized competitive data set allowing you to see how your utility stacks up against your peers, the industry, and the highest performers across seven factors and 36 attributes at the national and regional levels
- Disposition reports to help you follow the progress of your utility’s fielding
- Verbatim comments: Full search functionality allows rapid access to verbatims of interest
- SPSS File
- Final customized report showing your utility’s performance benchmarked against operating companies nationwide (along with a set of individual reports for every respondent who participated)
- An on-site executive presentation with management insights, which includes customized strategic recommendations, study results, ongoing best practices, and analyses of high-performing electric utilities