WESTLAKE VILLAGE, Calif.: 21 October 2015— Bank of America Merrill Lynch Retirement & Benefit Plan Services contact center operations has been recognized for customer service excellence with its live phone channel for an 11th consecutive year under the J.D. Power Certified Contact Center Program.SM The Retirement & Benefits contact centers provide support to retirement plan participants across the defined contribution, defined benefit, non-qualified deferred compensation and equity award service plans.
The Certified Contact Center Program distinction acknowledges a strong commitment by Bank of America Merrill Lynch Retirement & Benefit Plan Services’ contact center operations to provide “An Outstanding Customer Service Experience.”
- To become certified, the contact centers successfully passed a detailed audit of more than 100 practices that encompass their recruiting, training, employee incentives, management roles and responsibilities and quality assurance capabilities.
- As part of its evaluation, J.D. Power conducted a random survey of Bank of America Merrill Lynch Retirement & Benefit Plan Services plan participants who recently contacted its contact centers in Jacksonville, FL; and Hopewell, NJ.
“For the 11th straight year, we are honored to recognize Bank of America Merrill Lynch Retirement Services for earning Certified Contact Center status,” said Mark Miller, contact center practice leader, J.D. Power. “The consistent achievement of this very challenging certification demonstrates Bank of America Merrill Lynch’s unwavering commitment to providing an outstanding customer experience to their clients.”
“Our track-record of receiving this recognition underscores our longstanding commitment to serving clients at the highest standard,” said Lorna Sabbia, head of retirement and personal wealth solutions for Bank of America Merrill Lynch. “The contact centers play an important role supporting millions of plan participant clients prepare for retirement and improving their overall financial wellness.”
“Delivering exceptional client service is a fundamental part of how we operate,” said Barry Lindenbaum, head of retirement services technology and operations for Bank of America. “This recognition is reflective of the organization’s focus on working as one team to deliver a positive service experience for each plan participant.”
For Certification Status:
- A contact center must also perform within the top 20 percent of customer service scores, which are based on benchmarks established in J.D. Power’s cross-industry customer satisfaction research.
- The evaluation criteria include the customer service representative’s courtesy, knowledge and concern for the customer; promptness in speaking to a person; and timely resolution of the problem or request.
- The experience with the automated phone system is evaluated based on the clarity of the information provided, ease of navigating the phone menu prompts; and ease of understanding the phone menu instructions.
Launched by J.D. Power in 2004 to evaluate overall customer satisfaction with live phone interactions and to help organizations in various industries increase their efficiency and effectiveness by establishing and continually updating leading practices for handling service calls, the Certified Call Center Program is now called the Certified Contact Center Program, which certifies the live phone channel, the IVR self-service channel and the Web self-service channel.
Media Relations Contacts
John Tews; Troy, Mich.; 248-680-6218; [email protected]
Julia Ehrenfeld; Bank of America Communications; New York, NY; 646-855-3267; [email protected]
About J.D. Power and Advertising/Promotional Ruleswww.jdpower.com/about/index.htm
About McGraw Hill Financial www.mhfi.com
No advertising or other promotional use can be made of the information in this release without the express prior written consent of J.D. Power. www.jdpower.com
Follow us on Twitter @jdpower