WESTLAKE VILLAGE, Calif.: 23 June 2016 — Bank of America Merrill Lynch Corporate and Commercial Banking has been recognized for contact center operation customer satisfaction excellence in the live phone channel for a seventh consecutive year under the J.D. Power Certified Contact Center Program.SM
The Certified Contact Center Program distinction acknowledges a strong commitment by the Bank of America Merrill Lynch Corporate and Commercial Banking contact center operations to provide “An Outstanding Customer Service Experience.”
- To become certified, the contact centers successfully passed an evaluation of dozens of best practices that encompass their integration of Voice of the Customer and Voice of the Employee insights into their business operations.
- As part of its evaluation, J.D. Power conducted a random survey of Bank of America Merrill Lynch Corporate and Commercial Banking customers who recently contacted the company’s contact centers in Brea, Calif.; Jacksonville, Fla.; Charlotte, N.C.; and Norfolk, Va.
“Congratulations to the Bank of America Merrill Lynch Corporate and Commercial Banking contact centers for earning certification for the seventh consecutive year, an achievement that demonstrates their commitment to the customer’s experience,” said Mark Miller, contact center leader at J.D. Power. “Our research shows that Bank of America Merrill Lynch Corporate and Commercial Banking customers are particularly pleased with the interactive voice response (IVR) interaction prior to getting to a representative and with each aspect of the customer experience we measured once reaching the representative.”
“Providing a world-class client experience is the foundation of building deep, long-standing client relationships,” said Alastair Borthwick, head of Global Commercial Banking at Bank of America Merrill Lynch. “Our goal is to continue to improve customer service every year and to innovate consistently to address our clients’ changing needs.”
“We’re proud to be recognized by J.D. Power for the seventh consecutive year. This is truly a great accomplishment that demonstrates our unwavering commitment to delivering exceptional service to our clients,” said Paul Simpson, head of Global Banking and Markets Operations at Bank of America Merrill Lynch. “Our employees regularly participate in training sessions that focus on learning about best practices and additional opportunities to further improve our interactions with clients. The training extends beyond our contact center employees because we believe that every employee owns the client experience.”
For Certification Status:
- A contact center must also perform within the top 20% of customer service scores, which are based on benchmarks established in J.D. Power’s cross-industry customer satisfaction research.
- The research criteria include the customer service representative’s courtesy, knowledge and concern for the customer; promptness in speaking to a person; and timely resolution of the problem or request.
- The experience with the automated phone system is evaluated based on the clarity of the information provided; ease of navigating the phone menu prompts; and ease of understanding the phone menu instructions.
Launched by J.D. Power in 2004 to evaluate overall customer satisfaction with live phone interactions and to help organizations in various industries increase their efficiency and effectiveness by establishing and continually updating leading practices for handling service calls, the Certified Call Center Program is now called the Certified Contact Center Program, which certifies the live phone channel, the IVR self-service channel and the Web self-service channel.
Media Relations Contacts
John Tews; Troy, Mich.; 248-680-6218; [email protected]
Jumana Bauwens; Bank of America; Charlotte, N.C.; 800-796-8448; [email protected]
About J.D. Power and Advertising/Promotional Ruleswww.jdpower.com/about/index.htm
No advertising or other promotional use can be made of the information in this release without the express prior written consent of J.D. Power. www.jdpower.com
Follow us on Twitter @jdpower