WESTLAKE VILLAGE, Calif.: 11 March 2015 — Shark ranks highest in the upright vacuum segment and Dyson ranks highest in the canister vacuum segment, with customer satisfaction for each brand driven primarily by performance and ease of use, according to the J.D. Power 2015 Vacuum Satisfaction StudySM released today.
The study measures satisfaction with upright and canister vacuums by examining six key factors of the experience (in alphabetical order): ease of use, features, performance, price, styling/appearance and warranty. Satisfaction is calculated on a 1,000-point scale.
“Manufacturers that focus more on differentiating through design and features and not focusing on performance and ease of use are missing an opportunity to satisfy customers,” said Christina Cooley, director of home improvement industries at J.D. Power. “Customers are first and foremost looking for the vacuum to be easy to use, durable, and, most importantly, to have strong suction power. When considering these drivers, it is not surprising that upright vacuums achieve slightly higher levels of satisfaction than canister vacuums.”
Upright Vacuum Brand Satisfaction Rankings
- Shark (832) ranks highest in customer satisfaction with upright vacuum brands for a second consecutive year.
- Shark performs particularly well in three of the six factors: ease of use, features and performance.
- Dyson (820) follows Shark in the upright vacuum brand ranking.
- Overall customer satisfaction with upright vacuum brands is 794, with ease of use the highest-scoring factor at 823.
Canister Vacuum Brand Satisfaction Rankings
- Dyson (810) ranks highest in customer satisfaction with canister vacuum brands for the first time.
- Dyson performs particularly well in three of the six factors: ease of use, performance and styling/appearance.
- Miele and Shark tie (806 each) for second-highest ranked canister vacuum brand.
- Overall customer satisfaction with canister vacuum brands is 783, with ease of use the highest-scoring factor at 811.
The 2015 Vacuum Satisfaction Study is based on responses from 5,620 customers who purchased an upright or canister vacuum within the previous 12 months. The study was fielded in January and February 2015. For more information about J.D. Power solutions for the home improvement industry: http://www.jdpower.com/industry/home-improvement
Media Relations Contacts
John Tews; Troy, Mich.; 248-680-6218; [email protected]
About J.D. Power and Advertising/Promotional Rules www.jdpower.com/about-us/press-release-info
About McGraw Hill Financial www.mhfi.com