WESTLAKE VILLAGE, Calif.: 5 November 2014 — Brother ranks highest in customer satisfaction with multi-function inkjet printers, performing particularly well in reliability, performance, variety of features and price paid, according to the J.D. Power 2014 Multi-Function Inkjet Printer Satisfaction ReportSM released today.
The report measures customer satisfaction with multi-function inkjet printers based on six factors (in order of importance): performance; reliability; ease of operation; variety of features; price paid; and customer service.
- Among customers who rate overall satisfaction 10 (outstanding) on a 10-point scale, 79 percent say they “definitely will” purchase another multi-function inkjet printer from the brand they currently own in the future, compared with the report average of 49 percent.
- More than two-thirds (67%) of customers purchase multi-function inkjet printers in a store, followed by 31 percent who purchase online.
- Overall satisfaction among multi-function inkjet printer customers is 857 on a 1,000-point scale.
- Price is the primary reason for choosing a multi-function inkjet printer brand (70%).
- The average price paid for a multi-function inkjet printer is $154.
It’s not uncommon for a household to have owned more than one printer,” said Dan Lawlor, director of global research operations at J.D. Power. “When adding or replacing a multi-function inkjet printer, beyond price consideration, loyalty to the brand is dependent on a customer’s previous experience with the brand. When it comes to performance and reliability, a brand with low problems is more likely to be purchased again and recommended to a family member or friend.”
Rankings: Brother (866) ranks highest, followed by Hewlett-Packard (HP) (864) and Canon (848).
The 2014 Multi-Function Inkjet Printer Satisfaction Report is based on responses from 2,634 owners of multi-function inkjet printers. The study was fielded in June 2014.
Media Relations Contacts
John Tews; Troy, Mich.; 248-680-6218; [email protected]
About J.D. Power and Advertising/Promotional Rules www.jdpower.com/corporate
About McGraw Hill Financial www.mhfi.com